CIUB is a Belfast-based design and certification consultancy with experience in low-energy buildings, energy assessment, manufacturing, building materials, construction systems and prefabrication.
Why SAP calculations matter
The Standard Assessment Procedure (SAP) is a system used for measuring the energy rating of domestic, new-build properties. Although SAP calculations may appear a minor part of the process of designing a building, they are a crucial step, where poor decisions and mistakes can have a major impact on the overall cost of the project.
Whether you are looking to achieve a particular energy rating in the most cost effective way or are aiming for an exemplary energy rating and zero-emissions home, CIUB will work with to acheive your aim.
The CIUB method
With extensive experience in the material manufacturing and construction sectors, CIUB offers expert knowledge and guidance. Particular areas of expertise are low-energy housing, insulation, prefabricated systems, building services and renewables.
Our focus is on offering clients a rapid and impartial service, working to devise pragmatic, afforable and buildable solutions for the project specification. CIUB is based in Belfast, but offers SAP calculations for projects across the UK.
To perform a SAP calculation for your property the following is required:
- detailed architectural plans, elevations and sections of the property
- a full specification for the heating, cooling and ventilation system
- details of the any renewable technologies fitted to the property
Don’t worry if you are unsure about missing details – we will let you know if anything is missing.
The SAP calculation process is split into two sections:
- the ‘design-stage’ calculations based on the specfication known before construction commences and the predicted airtightness of the property
- the ‘as-built’ calculations based on the specification at completion (allowing for alterations) and the measured airtightness of property
If you would like to get in touch to discuss your project and design challenges, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+44)7791 568041.